Marathon Training Update 12/05/08


Last night I signed up for Marathon Training with Runner’s World Tulsa. Why did I sign up you might ask? Well, for starters it is FREE!! But, also my dad has pointed out I might need to work on my running form. Apparently, looking like a crazy duck while running is not considered ‘proper form.’ Who says that just because you love something you have to be wonderful at it! I mean look at that poor Jessica Simpson, she can’t sing to save her life, but we all love her because she is so darn dumb!

So I should mention, that my dad (who is a great guy, and only wants to help), is not a runner, but I value his advice and opinions. So I decided to sign up for Pilates, which focuses on core strength. I have been told by some ‘serious runners’ that core strength is the key to proper posture, and distance running. So I get my lovely (& newly toned!) bootie out of bed on Saturday mornings to go twist my poor body into various poses. So I should mention that apparently twisting your body around, may cause you to expel excess gas, and it is considered normal in Pilates. Well, I was at my class the other morning, and was located by an older gentleman (I won’t disclose what I mean by older for all the age challenged out there.) He was tooting up a storm, and apparently not in the least bit embarrassed. Now I might add that I don’t know if anyone but me noticed. But, you see my maturity level is apparently not high enough for me to not find this hilarious! I should also mention that Runner’s World online, also had a discussion about excess gas while running. I won’t go into details, but I found this rather interesting as well. Maybe it makes you faster, like of like a rocket boost? Thoughts to ponder…

And, last but not least. Men in tights…what can I say. I have been noticing a lot of men running in tights. Now, I am not opposed to the tights, it is the colors. When I see a man in purple, or lime green tights, I laugh. Then I feel bad, because I realize that no one has ever told you how funny you look! Now, I know there are very serious runners out there who don’t care what they look like, but I find it funny, so just passing it along!

No comments: