Marathon Training 1/09/09

Well, it has been awhile since I last emailed everyone! The main reason is that during December I didn't run very much-I know, I know-this is bad. Here is the main reason is was bad for me, I GAINED FIVE POUNDS IN A MONTH! It is a really simple equation for me...eat good+run=maintain weight, so when I eat everything in sight+not run too much=gain 5 pounds. So for the last few weeks, I have been really following my program, and what do you know, the weight is going right back to normal. I am sure this doesn't interst most of you, but it has been a big issue in my life for the last few weeks:)
Anyways, back to marathon training update. I just want to inform everyone of how many people we have recruited to run in San Francisco!
5K racers-Susan Clifton (my aunt), Allison and Tony Greco (my sister and brother-in-law)
1/2 Marathon racers-Ryan Clifton (now please understand his wife commited him to running, he didn't actually say he would do it!)
Marathon racers-Me, Lindsay (my cousin), and possibly my friend Erin
My husband is also kind of up in the air, he may do the 5K also. So if anyone has a New Year's goal, feel free to join us for the big race!
So Lindsay is preparing to run her half marathon in a couple of weeks, and I am scheduled to do a 20K (12.5 miles) at the end of the month, so remember if you see us, please give us a lot of encouragement!
So I am sure you all are wondering if I have had many funny experiences in the last couple of months. Well, let's see...I have still been getting a lot of honks. I continue to believe that it is due to me looking really good (I mean who doesn't look good in a stocking hat, gloves, and a coat) but, it may be becasue I have been running on the roads and they are really saying 'Get off the road crazy lady!' I have also gotten a new shirt that says 'I know I run like a girl, so try to keep up' so maybe people think that is funny.
I have recently witnessed a couple having a very private moment close to the pedestrian bridge in Tulsa. I was by myself that day, and tried to be very quiet as I ran by, becasue I didn't want to disturb them. That was diffently a different experience!
I recently had a discussion with some of my family members over the proper undergarmets to wear when you are running-not a conversation I could have ever pictured having in a million years! This seemed to some how include speedos and some other interesting topics that I will not include in this email! Let your imagination run wild, and I promise you still will not probably even be close to imagining what was discussed!
Oh and of course going along with the above comment, I was running with my running group the other night, I was kind of by myself, so I thought I would use that moment to adjust my pants. Of course, right then this guy came out of no where running behind me. As he passed me, he started to laugh, of course I would have turned bright red if I wasn't already so red from running so hard!
And, last but not least, I ran the other day when it was really windy. I was running hard, but at some point the gusts were so bad that I felt like the wind was just knocking me backwards. I noticed a couple walking towards me (so the wind was at their backs-lucky people!) and they were cracking up. I am sure I looked like a cartoon character. I was really running no where at this point, by the time I was done with that run I had wind burn on my face.
Oh, and I don't know how the word got out, but I haven't been seeing as many men in colored tights lately! So thank you all for speading the word.
Other than that, I have not fell, I have been running faster than ever, and I feel like anything under 5 miles is a short run. So I think I am on track!
Allison and I have been tossing around ideas to name our 'team' of runners for SFM. We are thinking the Cundith Cancer Crusade (Cundith is our grandparents last name, and we are still planning on raising money for cancer.) What do you all think?

No comments: